Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cashmere...

Some time ago I decided that I will allow myself the luxury of a 100% cashmere yarn once in my life as a knitter. And I'm not talking about one skein for socks or a scarf, oh no, I don't knit little things. I only knit sweaters and shawls.

It is definitely not going to be this year, though. This year I have bought several skeins of Lornas Laces Lion & Lamb from a US webshop (don't want to think any more about the freight and handling costs, or the customs), several skeins of Kidsilk Haze and the Mermaid kit. The madness must stop. Or at least be put on hold for a few months.

Or maybe not.

I came across this blog which warns that cashmere prices will explode in September.
Oh no. I have to buy now??!!!

Went immediately to www.pinnsvindesign.no, where they claim to have good prices on their cashmere yarn. Appr. NOK 1200 (USD 180) for the 7 skeins needed for a ladies sweater. Is that reasonable? I have no idea. I have not looked into this at all, like I said before, it wasn't to be this year.

From the same pinnsvindesign this landed in my mailbox today:

Yes, that is 3 skeins of Kidsilk Haze in colourway 585 Nightly. I have already cast on 299 familiar stitches for a birthday present for someone. Meaning I have a deadline, so sadly I cannot give the Mermaid my full attention for the next couple of weeks. But that's ok, because I know the 299 stitches make a captivating knit.

2 comments:

Steph said...

hehe, I can think of no better excuse to indulge in the cashmere than rising prices...of course you must buy! Do you already have a pattern in mind?

Virtuella said...

299 masker, Kidsilk Haze... høres ut som det samme prosjektet jeg har lagt opp like mange masker til, i samme garn!

Virtuella
http://virtuella.blogdrive.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...