Thursday, August 25, 2005

The cashmere arrived today

My first reaction was to return it. Immediately. I was so disappointed over the colour. But it's been sitting on the sofa all afternoon, and it's growing on me.

I had expected or hoped for something a bit more camel, and found it a bit too much on the grey side. But I'm looking and looking, and trying to imagine how it would look in Frieda (see previous post), and now I really like the "roughness" of the colour. I think I prefer it even, thinking the camel might have come across as boring. The yarn can be knit at 22 stitches/10 cm on 4 mm needles, and with this colour I can easily see it work in something cabled.

I didn't mention the softness, did I? I don't think I have to elaborate on that. It goes without saying.

The rest of the afternoon was spent finishing my new FO gallery. If you think some of the kids garments look a bit tattered, please bear in mind that they have sustained some rough times in kindergarten since they were finished.

My next blog project will be to find out how to put links and change headlines in the sidebar, and eventually I will try and add a Blogroll too.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! Especially the fact that you actually buy all these fantastic and luxurious yarns which make me think that I am allowed to do the same;-) Very much looking forward to updates on progress on your projects. By the way I think camel is boring, and love the clean and natural grey of your cashmere!
Love, Fuglemamma (www.fuglemamma.sprayblogg.no)

karen said...

I think that cashmere looks fabulous. I love that crisp-clean shade of grey - and I can almost feel the softness through the screen! I've also been dreaming of knitting me a cashmere-sweater and did also all that searching...I'm going to Bergen and Pinnsvin nx weekend and MUST at least allow myseld to look at and feel that yarn if they've got it in the store..;) And I'll say hello if see you with a green birch too! :)

Steph said...

I love the grey too! I think it's a much fresher color than camel (which would turn me into one big tired blanket)and it goes so well with everything else.The Frieda sweater is beautiful, these are so many great patterns for cozy sweaters out there. Which makes me miss a N.European winter for about a minute..;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...