Monday, July 04, 2005

Good girl


I am very proud of myself today. I finished my alpaca sweater last night (pictures later), and was ready to cast on for a new project today. I could have given in to my desire to start the Birch or the Mermaid, and I'm telling you it was very hard to resist. But I did manage to say no, and start something boring, but sensible, instead: The sleeves of a UFO!!!

It is a cardigan in size 2 yrs intended for my daughter. She is now 20 months old, so I am in a bit of a hurry if I want it done before she outgrows it. I started it more than a year ago, and finished the fun part in no time at all. Now the sleeves and the crocheted edge remains, and I am determined to finish it during the next couple of weeks. On obstacle though is the fact that I don't really know how to crochet...

The pattern is by Dale of Norway, and the yarn is Dales Baby Ull.

I love to knit this kind of intricat pattern, I find it very meditative, like some people feel about knitting lace. The problem (like I explained in a previous post about a UFO) is that I don't really like to wear clothes with these kinds of pattern. I guess the solution must be to keep knitting them for my daughter.

When I finish this UFO my reward will be knitting the Birch and the Mermaid successively, with nothing boring in between.

1 comment:

Strikkelise said...

What a lovely sweater! You'll be proud when you've finished it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...