Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Finished alpaca sweater
















Here is the picture of my finished Pinnsvindesign alpaca sweater. I am reasonably happy with how it turned out. I like the neckline, but the waist shaping didn't work out quite the way I wanted it to. Steaming it helped a bit though.

There are appr. 4 skeins of yarn left (one of each colour), so now I'm thinking it might be enough for a little dress for my daughter. I really like Kate Gilbert's Anouk, but I don't think there is enough of any of the colours for the background colour, so I guess I 'll just have to make up some kind of stripes pattern. I am not starting that project in the near future however, so I'll put it away for now but look for ideas.

It's been a good knitting day in other respecs too. I am almost halfway done with the ufo sleeve (see yesterday's post), and after weeks of waiting I finally received the Paton booklet and Arans & Celtics today! Arans & Celtics wasn't quite what I hoped it would be, but the Paton patterns are great. I am definitely going to knit the hooded cardi on the cover, and possibly the Must Have cardi too.

2 comments:

Bente B said...

Hei :o)) Der kunne jeg legge igjen en hilsen, ja!! Kjempelekker alpakka-genser! Den ligner litt pået mønster jeg har fra Du Store Alpakka :o) Det er lekkert med biser, og fargene du har valgt er kjempeflotte!!

Steph said...

ohh, your sweater looks great, and I think your version looks much better than the original, especially the rectangular collar. I also have a question for you: When I linked to the website for your pattern, I saw a book by Jytte Slente called 'designstrik'. The tops on the cover are beautiful! Have you seen the content or know anything about the designer? very tempting...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...