Sunday, July 31, 2005

Back from holidays with Birch!


I have a few days at home in between holidays (will be leaving again Tuesday).

I have spent the past three weeks starting and actually finishing Birch. This was my first attempt at lace, and I think it turned out very nice. I had been reading all kinds of advice and tips in different blogs, and although I didn't really follow any of them (no swatch, no lifelines etc) it was well worth the time, because I think I was quite well prepared when I started the actual knitting. After casting on and trying and failing and frogging it three times during the first couple of days, it just kind of clicked and what can i say? I just have to join everybody else in saying that it was a captivating and addictive pattern to knit.

The yarn is Kidsilk Haze in colourway Jelly.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Welcome back! Your Birch looks great, and it took you only three weeks? Wow :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...