Saturday, June 25, 2005

My first post in my first blog!


I will open my knit blog with a recently finished baby cardigan. I started it in September 2003 when I was expecting my baby, but for some reason it remained unfinished until this February. I have finished a number of other projects during this time, but the elephant cardigan is quite special to me. Not only was it the first knitting I did for my daughter Nene, it was also my first new knitting project after 15 years of not knitting.


I used to knit a lot when I was younger, and I have been knitting a lot for the past couple of years, but for some reason I didn't knit at all for 15 years. What a waste of good knitting time; it makes me sick to think about it!

Anyway, here it is. Elephant Cardigan from Sandnes Garn Booklet number 10, the yarn is Sandnes Garn Lanett. The pattern was quite challenging, because each row would be completely different from the last, and you had to keep track of elephants turning left and elephants turning right at the same time...

2 comments:

Tracy said...

And very beautiful it is too! Thanks for the link on the corrections by the way, that'll come in VERY handy I'm sure!

smf.somuchfun said...

That cardi is AMAZING, I wonder if I could make it in my size? Nice work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...