Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Mermaid in the mail!

Great stuff in my mailbox today!

Two kits arrived from Pinnsvindesign:

Hanne Falkenberg's jacket Mermaid. The Mermaid is only sold as a kit, where you have a choice between 9 colour combinations. Most of them are rather sober and elegant colours, but I find myself turning more and more to red and orange colours lately, so that's what I chose. I think it's amazing that a garter stitch jacket can be so elegant, and the shape is great. I can't wait to start this!

The drawback is that it calls for 3 mm needles which is what I normally use for the thin yarns I tend to choose, but I am
getting really really tired of thin yarn and thin needles.

Which is why the other kit I bought wasn't necessarily a good choice: Birch. But I am so ready to try the challenge of lace, and the kit from Pinnsvindesign even comes with a Norwegian translation. I just had to have it and the three balls of lovely lime green Kidsilk Haze.

5 comments:

Knittacia said...

The Birch is lovely and the pattern isn't too hard, but knitting it on 5 mm needles take some time!
Good look!

Heather said...

Your colour of your Mermaid look lovely! I look forward to hearing what you think of the pattern as you knit it up. I am thinking of getting the kit myself, probably in the green and turquiose colourway.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful yarn - great color! I love Kidsilk Haze. I've been wanting to make a Drops pattern that calls for Vivaldi, but it's difficult to get in the U.S. - is Kidsilk Haze pretty similar?

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for letting me know the Kidsilk Haze will probably work - I want to make Drops 88-23 (see my blog), and I'm sure I can adjust for gauge.

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...