Monday, June 27, 2005

Alpaca sweater

I am currently working on a sweater in alpaca from www.pinnsvindesign.no. I have three different alpaca yarns in my stash, but this one makes a much softer fabric than the other two. I bought the kit (the picture on the right) because I like the alpaca, and I wanted to try those ridges (the fabric is doubled, and then one row is knit on double needles to fasten it - does that make any sense?). But I don't really like the shape of it, so I'm doing some modifications according to the pattern of the Dale cotton sweater shown in the picture on the left. I am changing the whole thing to a raglan sweater, widening the neckline, and adding flared sleeves. Hopefully there will be enough leftover yarn to make a tiny matching sweater for my daughter.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hi Tari,
Thank you for your nice comments on my wrap, and welcome to blogging! Great idea to widen the neckline, it looks a bit tight on the model. The colors are lovely, and you will have to put a picture of you and your little one wearing the sweaters together. It'll be so cute!

Ranger Susie said...

Those colors look so nice together. And would look real cute in a matching kiddo outfit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...